Bowenwork® training will give you a complete system to address acute and chronic issues from newborns to the elderly, frail to seasoned athlete.
- Bowenwork® is a safe approach to working with people of varying ages and health levels, including seniors, pregnant women, athletes, newborns and young children.
- Bowenwork provides scheduling flexibility. Sessions can range between 20 to an hour and sessions with two or more clients can overlap and take place at the same time slot.
- Bowenwork is inviting and non-threatening. It is often performed over light, loose fitting clothing, creating a more comfortable environment fo those who shy away from skin-to-skin contact.
- Bowenwork is easy to apply. While many practitioenrs work with clients on massage tables, you can perform Bowenwork while clients are on the floor, seated or even standing.
- Bowenwork produces consistent results. Even new students see exciting results as they practice the technique after their first class. Vist "Can Bowenwork Help me" page for a list of health issues Bowenwork is seen to support.
- Professional Bowenwork practitioners receive great support. A worldwide network of Bowenwork instructors helps to maintain, share and disseminate high-level professional knowledge.
Certification is granted by the Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia, the school responsible for the establishment of the Bowen technique worldwide since 1984.
Completion of the seven modules which includes the certification module can be done over a period of 8-12 months. Each module of 2 days is scheduled approximately one month apart on a weekend. Please go to BTA Course Curriculum for a description of each module.
After successful completion of Module 7 you will need the following to receive full certification:
- Anatomy and Physiology (120 hours)
- Business Course (20 hours)
- Proof of Malpractice Insurance
- CPR certification